[Asterisk-Users] New PRI install with new te110p

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Apr 13 04:28:02 MST 2005

On April 13, 2005 02:40 am, Me wrote:
>   == Primary D-Channel on span 1 down
> Apr 13 01:30:08 WARNING[10128]: chan_zap.c:2054 pri_find_dchan: No
> D-channels available!  Using Primary on channel anyway 24!

The telco hasn't turned up your D channel yet.

> If I change signalling to pri_net the errors go away, either way I can
> receive calls into Asterisk.

When you're pri_net you are creating the D channel, but if you're connected to
a telco there is no way you'd receive calls in this configuration.

> How should the signalling be set, to cpe or net?

You're the CPE.

> Any idea what's causing this error?
> I am not entirely sure my PRI is 100% up even, * seems to be talking to it
> because when I pull the cable it starts giving me alerts and such, the
> alerts go away when I plug the cable back in.

The T1 is likely up, which is what makes the LED on the back go green.  When
you pull the cable, the T1 is down and Asterisk tells you this.

PRI is signaling on top of the T1.  You can have the T1 up and have no D
channel.  Wait for your telco to tell you the PRI is provisioned and up (they
usually work with you on the phone while they provision it, because there are
a few test calls made and so on).

Now if you are able to receive calls into asterisk in this state...  then
colour me confused.

-A.