[Asterisk-Users] RE: Ebay listing selling Asterisk @ Home and AMPfor over 1000 dollars

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Apr 12 12:52:52 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 15:04 -0400, David Brodbeck wrote:
> [...]

That and the default GPL allows future versions to apply, and some
people may object to the *proposed* gpl 3 which states that certain
corporations are required to pay money if they use gpl code.  While you
can opt out of future versions with GPL that is normally not the default
way people do it.

I just wonder who gets paid if the *proposed* gpl 3 happens.  My bet is
the FSF and not the author of the code or any of the copyright holders.
But that is just a guess.  After all it was stallman who sold tapes of
emacs for $150 because he didnt have a job, it was stallman who formed
the FSF to solicit money becuase people got internet access and stopped
paying $150 for a tape with emacs on it.  My guess is that this is just
another revenue machine disguised as helping others.

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com