[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P Revision

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Mon Apr 11 16:55:46 MST 2005

> > I was following a discussion on this list about the TDM400P
> revisions.
> > It is my understanding that the current revision that one
> should have
> > is the Rev. H and not the E/F. I have not yet been able to
> verify the
> > rev stamped on the board, but zaptel is reporting that I
> have the Rev.
> > E/F. I just bought this card in January direct from Digium and was
> > wondering if I got the wrong Rev. somehow?? I have been having some
> > intermittent problems but only thought it was my setup.
>
> I'm not sure when they came out with the Rev H one. If you
> look back at the archives over the last year, you'll see
> several people that have had problems and several more that
> have not had any problems at all. There does not seem to be
> any common ground for those that have had problems.
>
> Gut feeling (and some rather general comments) tend to
> suggest the issue is associated with the pci bus, and
> possibly something to do with the TigerJet pci controller on
> the card. Best guess is that it has something to do with pci
> bus timing issues and that probably is somewhat dependent on
> the exact motherboard in use.
>
> Someone posted a note a few weeks ago that essentially said,
> if your tdm card goes out to lunch (every week or two), dump
> the tdm registers, and if their all zero's (or 0xff's forget
> which), then the card should be replaced.
>
> The Rev H card _does_ have some additional components on it
> close to the TigerJet chip, and the fxo modules are now
> marked as x100 (which they were not marked on the originals).
> So, something in the design has changed. Hopefully, its an
> improvement. :)
>
> I won't know for another two weeks or so.
>
> Best bet is to call digium support and let them walk you
> through it. It only took about 30 minutes for me last week,
> and after I described my problem they offered to RMA it
> without saying anything more, and without logging into my
> system. Must have been pretty obvious/familiar.

OK, I just physically checked my card and the card is stamped with REV H
but zaptel insists that it is a REV E/F. Could this be causing some
inconsistent issues I have been having. Like voice quality and calls
from the FXS port just all of a sudden dropping for no reason??

What can I do to insure that zaptel sees it correctly from now on?? Are
there really any code differences that make a difference in how the card
is detected??