[Asterisk-Users] (no subject)

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Apr 11 09:10:52 MST 2005

> I was following a discussion on this list about the
> TDM400P revisions. It is my understanding that the current
> revision that one should have is the Rev. H and not the
> E/F. I have not yet been able to verify the rev stamped on
> the board, but zaptel is reporting that I have the Rev.
> E/F. I just bought this card in January direct from Digium
> and was wondering if I got the wrong Rev. somehow?? I have
> been having some intermittent problems but only thought it
> was my setup.

I'm not sure when they came out with the Rev H one. If you
look back at the archives over the last year, you'll see
several people that have had problems and several more that
have not had any problems at all. There does not seem to be
any common ground for those that have had problems.

Gut feeling (and some rather general comments) tend to suggest
the issue is associated with the pci bus, and possibly something
to do with the TigerJet pci controller on the card. Best guess
is that it has something to do with pci bus timing issues and
that probably is somewhat dependent on the exact motherboard
in use.

Someone posted a note a few weeks ago that essentially said,
if your tdm card goes out to lunch (every week or two), dump
the tdm registers, and if their all zero's (or 0xff's forget
which), then the card should be replaced.

The Rev H card _does_ have some additional components on it
close to the TigerJet chip, and the fxo modules are now marked
as x100 (which they were not marked on the originals). So,
something in the design has changed. Hopefully, its an
improvement. :)

I won't know for another two weeks or so.

Best bet is to call digium support and let them walk you through
it. It only took about 30 minutes for me last week, and after
I described my problem they offered to RMA it without saying
anything more, and without logging into my system. Must have
been pretty obvious/familiar.