[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P Revision

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Apr 11 19:21:13 MST 2005

> > > I was following a discussion on this list about the TDM400P
> > revisions.
> > > It is my understanding that the current revision that one
> > should have
> > > is the Rev. H and not the E/F. I have not yet been able to
> > verify the
> > > rev stamped on the board, but zaptel is reporting that I
> > have the Rev.
> > > E/F. I just bought this card in January direct from Digium and was
> > > wondering if I got the wrong Rev. somehow?? I have been having some
> > > intermittent problems but only thought it was my setup.
> >
> > I'm not sure when they came out with the Rev H one. If you
> > look back at the archives over the last year, you'll see
> > several people that have had problems and several more that
> > have not had any problems at all. There does not seem to be
> > any common ground for those that have had problems.
> >
> > Gut feeling (and some rather general comments) tend to
> > suggest the issue is associated with the pci bus, and
> > possibly something to do with the TigerJet pci controller on
> > the card. Best guess is that it has something to do with pci
> > bus timing issues and that probably is somewhat dependent on
> > the exact motherboard in use.
> >
> > Someone posted a note a few weeks ago that essentially said,
> > if your tdm card goes out to lunch (every week or two), dump
> > the tdm registers, and if their all zero's (or 0xff's forget
> > which), then the card should be replaced.
> >
> > The Rev H card _does_ have some additional components on it
> > close to the TigerJet chip, and the fxo modules are now
> > marked as x100 (which they were not marked on the originals).
> > So, something in the design has changed. Hopefully, its an
> > improvement. :)
> >
> > I won't know for another two weeks or so.
> >
> > Best bet is to call digium support and let them walk you
> > through it. It only took about 30 minutes for me last week,
> > and after I described my problem they offered to RMA it
> > without saying anything more, and without logging into my
> > system. Must have been pretty obvious/familiar.
> >

> OK, I just physically checked my card and the card is stamped with REV H
> but zaptel insists that it is a REV E/F. Could this be causing some
> inconsistent issues I have been having. Like voice quality and calls
> from the FXS port just all of a sudden dropping for no reason??
>
> What can I do to insure that zaptel sees it correctly from now on?? Are
> there really any code differences that make a difference in how the card
> is detected??

>From the linux command line, type "dmesg" without the quotes. You
should see something like this:
Freshmaker version: 71
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV H (4 modules)

The REV H is what the drivers see for a card (regardless of what
might be printed on the card itself). If that reports anything
other then REV H, I'd give digium support a call.

Before calling, make a handwritten list of the problems that
you've had that you associate with the card. You might also
do a "cat /proc/interrupts" and have that ready as well.

To answer your other question, there is nothing you can do to make
zaptel see something different. Its the wctdm driver that reads a
code from the card, and that code determnes which version of card
you have.

I don't have any fxs modules, so can't comment on why you're
having issues with those.