[Asterisk-Users] Undefined symbol in res_features & Others

Matt Roth mroth at imminc.com
Mon Apr 11 11:12:04 MST 2005

First:

 cd /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/
 rm *.so

Then:

 Recompile Asterisk.  You may need to recompile anything else that put
loadable modules into that directory, such as asterisk-addons, as well.

Does anyone out there know why "make clean" doesn't take care of this
task?  I spent a few hours dealing with the same situation, assuming
something was wrong with my config files or the new CVS release before I
stumbled across this simple fix.  Some modules would fail with an error
message, while others would seg fault.

As for the "Warning, flexible rate not heavily tested!" error message, I
believe that comes from mpg123, not Asterisk.  I have had other problems
with mpg123, such as orphaned processes, so I stopped using it in favor
of this:

http://voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20mpg123%20faking%20it

The one drawback I noticed was that you lose mpg123's buffering
capabilities, so the audio playback will miss a beat here and there.  In
my opinion, this is preferable to the problems introduced by mpg123.

As a final note, I'm a bit new to Asterisk myself, so if anyone out
there is reading this and spots any obvious errors or omissions, please
don't hesitate to correct me.

I hope this was helpful,

Matthew Roth
http://voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Running%20Asterisk%20on%20Debian