[Asterisk-Users] Linux & Asterisk

Race Vanderdecken asteriskusers at codetyrant.com
Mon Apr 11 09:24:44 MST 2005

As you are a new Linux and asterisk user you best path is to use a Linux
Distribution that is easy to install and setup.

I have heard that Mandrake is very good, but for me I like Fedora 2/3
from Red hat.

You will need an OS that has clear documentation in the form of books
and a well supported user community that you are comfortable with.

That is the quick answer, the better answer is:

You need to first decide which software you want to run on your server,
this will then tell you which hardware you should run one, motherboard,
graphics card, and most importantly which LAN Ethernet card and which
Telephone interface card.

The you need to know which Linux OS will support and has the drivers for
all the equipment that you.

Step 1.
	Decide what features you need as to telephone connections to the
box. ISDN, BRI, PRI, T1, SS7, FXS, FXO.

	2. Then find the software the will support your connection
needs.

	3. Then find the OS that will allow both of these to connect
together.

It is very important to have the drivers supported by the OS you are
using. Ask or google for that sort of thing.

Race "The Tyrant" Vanderdecken