[Asterisk-Users] Call rejected by XXX: No authority found

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 09:56:51 MST 2005

> My first szenario connects two servers via IAX2. One is static IP the second
> is a nated dnyamic host. I could register the dynamic host succesfully at
> the static one. Routing calls to it with my dialplan gets denied/rejected
> due to missing authority on the remote side. I REALLY put this up several
> times different as regarded by many examples from voip.org. Still it doesn't
> work. Please anyone give me hints where I could find some useful
> information.
Looking at CLI of the asterisk behing NAT, do you see anything trying
to authenticate when you call from another box? How would the asterisk
behind NAT ever know anyone was calling it without forwarding port
4569 to it (or at least allowing traffic inside on it)? One of the
boxes has  to begin a dialogue, and that would be the one behind NAT.
I'm not betting my life on the above, it's just a free opinion which
I'm sure 10,000 people will jump in and correct if necessary.