[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma VS. Digium

Max W Blackmer Jr max at knowledgepowerit.com
Fri Apr 8 14:46:38 MST 2005

> spending over $A10,000 in the process.  The cards are more expensive than
> the server they're going into (Dell poweredge 750's).  When a GPL'd hardware

It is obvious that you have never experienced high end servers. We have
had a single server cost as much as $20,000 and that is nothing but
high performance hardware(Raid, REG ECC memory[mirrored for
redundancy], Dual Xeon Server). Then you add in any specialized
hardware that can easily up the cost to $30,000. and that is just one
machine. when you need performance you pay for it one way or another. A
lot of times it is better to pay more for reliability and performance.

Max