[Asterisk-Users] Re: PRI card and TDM400P in same box

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Fri Apr 8 09:50:34 MST 2005

> A word of caution, we ran that same setup for a while and then bagged
> the TDM400P in favor of 2 Sipura SPA2000 ATAs. The TDM400P kept locking
> up and the SPA2000 never has. No problems getting fax from * to the
> SPA2000 via g.711 over a FastE LAN.
>
> I am not sure if the TDM400P has gotten any better since then (last
> November). The PRI card has been solid.

We have the same setup (PRI on a TE410P and TDM400 in the same box).
We got our first TDM400 card in October 2004, and it sucked.  It was
from a bad batch of cards.  After some tech support with Digium, we got
another TDM400P, and it has been working well.

The TE410P is working well for the most part.  There have been a few
instances of our PRI just going bye bye, and the card will only
register a red alarm.  I haven't been able to determine properly if
these are the fault of the card/driver, or the fault of our provider.
I am suspecting the latter because I don't really do anything beyond
restarts, and power cycles, and the problem suddenly fixes itself.

The hardware combination seems to work well for us, though.  Quality is
fine.  There aren't any interrupt issues that I've seen.