[Asterisk-Users] User Regerstation, allowing non-registered users on *

Martijn van Oosterhout martijn at ecomtel.com.au
Fri Apr 8 04:34:02 MST 2005

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 09:14:48AM +0200, Etienne Pretorius wrote:
> Hello *users,
>
> I would like to know how one would go about to allow every-one that
> wishes to connect to my * machine to connect without a registration
> being placed in the conf files. Would this be achieved through a
> Database that will lookup the UserName and Password and if it does not
> exist create a user with restricted access (only to call VoIP calls,
> with no voice mail). So what I am asking is has anyone done this and if
> so if they could give me a guideline...

The config files for SIP and IAX both include examples of guest users,
that don't need to login. No username, no password. Generally dropped
to an incoming only context. After all, the idea is that anyone should
be able to call you without having an account on your server.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout
Ecomtel Pty Ltd