[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma VS. Digium

Matteo Brancaleoni mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Thu Apr 7 03:20:39 MST 2005

Hi,

> Digium, the service is problematic. Well, I believe that Digium should
> services it's channels, the channels should support the resellers and the
> resellers should support
> The customers. I don't think that any company, no matter what its size or
> function is, could support the end users. Even the mighty ugly M$ has
> country based support
> Centers.

I hate to say that, but the problem is that Digium doesn't do this.
They allow resellers to do market dumping, by not imposing fixed
list prices to resellers, they also compete with they're own
distributors/resellers by offering the cards online and by offering
services directly to end users.
In this way they're destroying they're own reseller network
and there's no commercial gain into supporting the end user
(as resellers).

Sangoma doesn't do that. they don't sell directly, thus allowing
resellers to have a money gain and pay the time to support the end
user.

again, I hate to say that, but is a common pow.
I hope that digium will change their mind in the way
they sells hw/services.

Matteo