[Asterisk-Users] TE405P and Dell Poweredge 6450 Incompatible?

mboehm at cytelcom.com mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed Apr 6 07:59:02 MST 2005

Quoting Scott Stingel <scott at evtmedia.com>:

> I think there are TE410P compatibility issues with other motherboards

  The tech I spoke with this morning mentioned some 3Com products that also use
the "TigerJet" chipset being incompatible with certain Dell machines. The tech
told me that Dell's response is "don't use TigerJet chipset-based cards."

> If there is a known compatibility issue with some chipsets, I think it
> would be good idea for Digium to publish them.

  I completly agree. I wouldn't have bought the card had the page said
"Incompatible with Dell 6450"

> Otherwise IMHO, they
> should offer to accept your return of the TE410P so you can pursue an
> alternative.

  They are going to ship me a 410 to try in one of the 3.3volt solts on this
machine (its got so many PCI slots) and if that card also doesn't work, they
said I can get "credit" (not a refund.)

> Please keep us up to date on what happens.

  Will do.

-Matthew