[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Nortel Meridian DTMF

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Tue Apr 5 17:50:26 MST 2005

     I am having a problem when connecting a couple of extension (with a
Nortel ATA) to a generic FXO clone.  I am using a CVS HEAD version from a
couple of days ago.  The problem is that the DTMF tones that the propietary
Nortel phones generate are not standard and are not recognized by Asterisk.

     The last time I had this problem the solution was to use Function 808 on
the Nortel phones to enable long tones.  But this is not working here.  Was
there a change in Asterisk that affected this?  Has anyone found another solution?

--
Carlos Chavez
Director de Tecnología