[Asterisk-Users] Automatic Start

Cameron Beattie kjcsb at orcon.net.nz
Wed Apr 6 11:43:44 MST 2005

I'm no Linux guru but my understanding is that the script you are referring
to (/etc/rc3.d/S40asterisk) just points to the real script in
/etc/rc.d/init.d or whereever (depends on which linux you're using). The rcn
(e.g. rc3) refers to the run level i.e. 3 in your case. So when you boot
linux in run level 3 it looks in rc3 and runs the scripts there in numerical
order (asterisk script is number 40 in priority)- the S indicates start.

Anyway, you should modify the script in init.d.

Regards

Cameron