[Asterisk-Users] Q.931 to SIGTRAN interface

Race Vanderdecken asteriskusers at codetyrant.com
Fri Apr 1 15:32:43 MST 2005

Thanks Mike,

	I am getting letters from Europe for doing ISUP first, after the
D-Channel and LDAP are working.

	Another suggestion has been to create Asterisk as an SG for
other asterisk boxes their by taking load off the Asterisk backend farm.

	But I think it should run on a single box for the little guys
too.

	The plan is to make the interfaces use sockets to communicate so
that the processes can be migrated off the box if that is needed.

	Remember that Linux can do local host sockets that don't climb
the entire stack so the performance penalty is not that great compared
to the feature set of using sockets.

	If speed of the calls cannot be maintained then it will switch
to a non-socket approach, but the code will hide all that in the
classes.

	Race Vanderdecken
	Tyranny Works