[Asterisk-Users] Q.931 to SIGTRAN interface

Mike Mueller mmueller at ss7box.com
Fri Apr 1 07:36:21 MST 2005

Hi,

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-March/098214.html

<quote>
How about simply doing a Q.931 to SIGTRAN conversion module.... would
that not be simpler to implement?
</quote>

Implementing this idea would help Asterisk become integrated with SS7 gateways in a
generalized way.

A first step could reasonably be to implement a Q.931 to UDP connection.
The next step would be to replace UDP with SCTP (now in 2.6 and being
back ported to 2.4). Next would be an effort to implement M3UA/SUA/IUA.
In parallel would be an effort to implement ISUP on Asterisk.

I will contribute SIGTRAN and ISUP code to Asterisk under GPL from my working
repository of those protocols.  There also is a supposedly working M3UA in
Sourceforge whose author still responds to email.

--
Mike