[Asterisk-Users] Re: Snom and Multiple calls

Josh Dady jpd at indecisive.com
Fri Apr 1 12:20:32 MST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005, at 1:15 PM, Noah Miller wrote:

> The vast majority of our handsets are Polycoms.  I know that they do
> this correctly (with a little help from CheckGroup/SetGroup and
> multiple SIP registrations).  Of course, you can't get the nifty
> sidecar for the Polycoms like you can for the 220.  You can get a
> sidecar for the Cisco 7960, though, and they can do multiple lines,
> correctly, too.

The Cisco phones don't do presence in SIP mode or "hot keypad" (plus
I'm not especially fond of the interface).  The Polycom does presence,
and very nearly does hot keypad, but I get more information about
Polycom's plans from my cat than I do from Polycom, and that worries
me.  Every part of the GXP-2000 needs to weigh more (plus the firmware
on the one we had a chance to eval was clearly not done cooking yet).
Don't even mention Mitel.  :)  Nothing has the number of sidecar
buttons we want.  The Snom really is the closest on all fronts (at
least it is now that we've got a 360 and it fixes the case design
issues we had with the 220).

--
Joshua P. Dady
http://www.indecisive.com/