[Asterisk-Users] Re: Snom and Multiple calls

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Fri Apr 1 11:15:07 MST 2005

>> P.S. Just to reiterate the point: Snom - I'd prefer a second ringing
>> call to ring to another line appearance rather than have the call get
>> sent back as busy.  Maybe there can be an option?
>
> Yeah, and we're probably not the only ones.  The 360 is so far ahead
> of anything else we've evaluated in terms of requirements, it would
> suck for this to be the deal-breaker.

The vast majority of our handsets are Polycoms.  I know that they do
this correctly (with a little help from CheckGroup/SetGroup and
multiple SIP registrations).  Of course, you can't get the nifty
sidecar for the Polycoms like you can for the 220.  You can get a
sidecar for the Cisco 7960, though, and they can do multiple lines,
correctly, too.