[Asterisk-Users] Maybe an echo cancellation problem?

Eric Giesselbach e.giesselbach at cloudseven.nl
Fri Apr 1 07:29:46 MST 2005

Jack,

Several voip clients can optionally suppress silent packets. If no voice is detected, rtp packets are kept back. This saves bandwith but can disturb a conversation ("Hello John, still there?"). Softphone XLite has this option active by default.

Search for options like "silence suppression", "noise cancellation" or "voice detection" in your voip client.

Eric.