[Asterisk-Users] Re: Are there online forums instead of thisemailforum??

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 02:53:39 MST 2005

I wrote:
> In article <000801c53633$203d08b0$6401a8c0 at dc.dc.cox.net>,
> Tim Bass <bass at silkroad.com> wrote:
> >
> > In addition, the lag time between posting a message to this list and
> > having it delivered is a joke.  I posted this message below at 2:35 and
> > it was delivered to me, a new subscriber, an hour later.
>
> My postings normally come back to me within a few minutes (my local box
> polls my POP3 accounts every 2 minutes).

That posting was back in my POP3 mailbox 2.5 minutes after I posted it.
I didn't see it for another 2 minutes because it arrived 5 seconds after
I polled the mailbox.

That's plenty fast enough for me. Perhaps there is a problem with your
system or your ISP's mail servers. Or maybe the list server knows you
don't like mailing lists and is just doing it to spite you :-)

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield