[Asterisk-Users] Re: Are there online forums instead of thisemailforum??

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 02:39:47 MST 2005

In article <000801c53633$203d08b0$6401a8c0 at dc.dc.cox.net>,
Tim Bass <bass at silkroad.com> wrote:

> In addition, the lag time between posting a message to this list and
> having it delivered is a joke.  I posted this message below at 2:35 and
> it was delivered to me, a new subscriber, an hour later.

My postings normally come back to me within a few minutes (my local box
polls my POP3 accounts every 2 minutes).

> I am sorry to say, but those on this list who are aggressively
> advocating SMTP mail with a lag time on a hour, posting profanity, and
> being impolite to other posters are not helping the Digium community.
> These "shout down" replies are absolute nonsense and I, for one, am
> surprised that Digium supports this type of nonsense support.

Individuals' lack of courtesy or people skills is a completely independent
issue from the preference for mailing lists or web forums.

Suffice it to say that if there was a genuine preference amongst the
majority for a web forum instead of a mailing list, there is more than
enough skill and resources to make it happen. The fact that it hasn't
happened might just say something.

Cheers
Tony
--