[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: Re: Confused of London - How to associate zapchannels to extensions

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Thu Sep 30 12:13:59 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
<snip>
> That's what I was afraid of - we have more extensions than channels ...

the number of extensions isn't the issue.  it is the signal the meridian
broadcasts when your digital telephone on your desk is on/off hook, or
ringing or whatever.  if you could tap into that information and monitor it
with something similar to *'s manager interface then you could probably
adapt it to work just fine.  the real problem sounds like you want * to know
the status of the extensions on the meridian.  good luck.  that probably
isn't going to be possible.  the presence capabilities of standard telephone
systems are written in super proprietary formats.

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Now - does anyone know if a pri card for the meridian is limited to 32
> channels (max) or is it the isdn pri line that is limited ? IOW, can I
> define 64 channels into the pri card from * , and 10 channels from * into
> the isdn pri line ?

T-1/PRI is a standard that in the US = 24 channels and in more advanced
countries (note I am in US, a citizen, etc. not trying to make political
statement here) = 32 channels.  you cannot define more than those channels
on any individual span.

Jason Kawakami