[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: Re: Confused of London - How to associate zapchannels to extensions

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu Sep 30 12:25:27 MST 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Jason Kawakami wrote:

> T-1/PRI is a standard that in the US = 24 channels and in more advanced
> countries (note I am in US, a citizen, etc. not trying to make political
> statement here) = 32 channels.  you cannot define more than those channels
> on any individual span.

An E1 has 32 channels, one of which is used for timing and
synchronization. When configured as a PRI one channel is used for the D
channel (assuming normal CCS setup) leaving 30 B channels.

A T1 has 25 channels, one of which is used for timing leaving 24 channels.
I assume one channel is used for the PRI D channel leaving 23 B channels.

Peter