[Asterisk-Users] Newbie 2 PBX VOIP, protocol ?'s using Cisco 827 7910

William L. Thomson Jr. support at obsidian-studios.com
Tue Sep 28 21:42:38 MST 2004

I am replacing a dead pbx with *. There are four lines I will be using.
There is a Cisco 827-4v already in place so I will move the lines from
the pbx to it.

I am working with Cisco 7910 phones and I understand they use the
Skinny/SCCP protocol. I am not sure if I should use chan_skinny or
chan_sccp?

However my main question is with communication. Do I need to use the
same protocol between the Cisco 827-4v and *, as I am using between *
and the 7910 phones?

I read through the pdf docs and looked around but in this situation I
assume all traffic and etc will go through *?

Or will it just talk to * in the loop and use the Skinny/SCCP to talk to
the router.

Now I have come across
http://www.loligo.com/asterisk/cisco/827-4v/cisco-827-4v-with-asterisk-version1

Which seems to use SIP between the router and *. Not sure if they were
using SIP to communicate to the phones or not.

Please excuse my ignorance in this matter I am a newbie to PBX, VOIP,
and *. There is allot to take in at once and I am doing what I can.

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.