[Asterisk-Users] Peer Review - Linuxfest Presentation Outline

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Sep 28 05:20:00 MST 2004

On 28 Sep 2004, Peter Brown wrote:

> Greg,
>
> If I was you I would give two examples of common occurences of * usage
> that would show the power of Asterisk PABX. Maybe inbound call queue
> with log in and out and Time of day routing. Integration with existing
> PABX, Vmail and VoIP with branches or over internet.After that you can
> say what it can do from a technical specification POV.
>
> We need to sell the attraction of the product first then the detail.
> Then cost, flexibility, PABX/Switch/Gateway then heading towards
> presence and full blown CTI. Then active community, great company
> (Digium), we probably need a saying like Python's "it includes the
> batteries".

Peter,
	Thanks for the feedback. Since this is Ohio Linuxfest, the entire
place will be filled with people that already understand the value of the
community that has driven the development of Linux. They are there because
of it.
	I will definitely add the real-world examples of a Call Center
Manager and a Voice mail system.

                             KP-216-121-ST