[Asterisk-Users] OH323 Codec Negotiation

Andrew Yager andrew at rwts.com.au
Mon Sep 27 22:46:49 MST 2004

Hi,

We're using OH323 quite successfully - however our H323 gateway
requires us to allow for dynmaic codec negotiation between G729a, G711a
and G711u. We have all three codecs enabled in our H323 config.
Asterisk only sends the codec of the incoming channel (G729 from my
Cisco 7960). If I set the codec manually using OH323_OUTCODEC, the call
will proceed with the correct codec.

If I set the OH323_OUTCODEC=all, then it sends 20 copies of the G729
codec to the remote endpoint!

How can I make OH323 send the correct codecs?