[Asterisk-Users] agents and queues

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Mon Sep 27 14:31:58 MST 2004

--On Monday, September 27, 2004 15:46 -0500 Marco Nicolayevsky
<marco at misterart.com> wrote:

> Julian,
>
> I too am using static agent entries in the queues.conf file.
>
> So, what are the options? Dynamically add the agents via AddQueueMember?
> Will this solve my original problem of callers visiting empty queues?

What I'm doing, is using Agents with AgentCallBackLogin (using AgentLogin
would work just as well though) and then using ChanIsAvail() to check if
the Agent/@1 group is available (in this case my agents are in group one).

This allows a support extension to branch when there are no available agent
channels....however it can't tell the difference between NO agents and all
agents are busy...

Not sure how else one could handle it honestly.