[Asterisk-Users] Brand New to List, requesting assistance

Ron Frederick ron at eurexsoftwaresystems.com
Mon Sep 27 08:04:32 MST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of Chris Shaw
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 9:57 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Brand New to List, requesting assistance

> I stand corrected.  WOW

mmmmm I can see it now.... The linux kernel having to ask permission from
the windows kernel to take over an interrupt... but the windows kernel is
too bogged down with a buffer overflow exploit or sending spam to everyone
in the universe... Or worse! You're in the middle of a call and windows asks
you to restart!!

No thank you... I think coLinux is awesome but why in god's name would
anyone want to install asterisk on windows???

    -Chris

I would only guess that it is the relative ease of setting up something to
run on Windows vs. how complex it can be to install on linux.  For the
average non-linux computer user, getting CVS set up, then getting the
source, along with all of the prerequisites, then building the packages,
using modprobe, etc. is really quite an undertaking.  I run * on linux, but
if I were not familiar with linux, I can certainly see how somebody would be
intimidated by undertaking the install on linux.

  -Ron

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: