[Asterisk-Users] Non-PRI T1 configuration - Asterisk-Users Digest, Vol 2, Issue 263

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Mon Sep 27 06:58:19 MST 2004

> > Thanks.
>
> Don't forget this will be ami and not b8zs.  You have to use esf to
> get
> b8zs.

This is not true. Line coding and framing are two different things and
any type of line code can be used with any type of framing.
 - Line coding - AMI, B8ZS (there are others but I have forgotten them)
 - Framing - SF (sometimes called D4), ESF, unframed

A few years back, some manufactures did design their product to only
allowed SF -AMI or ESF - B8ZS. This was a manufacture design decision,
not a technical restriction.

While working at the local phone company, we did have a customer with
some T1s as SF - B8ZS.

Don Pobanz