[Asterisk-Users] Complete newbie seeks start . . .

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Mon Sep 27 07:17:09 MST 2004

Hi ..

I've just received in the post my Wildcard card with a single FXO and
three FXS daughter cards.

I've identified a dedicated PC to function as the * machine and
installed the card. I've installed Fedora Core 2 on that machine.

I've downloaded the * software and the zaptel drivers.

And now, to be quite honest, I haven't got much of a clue what to do next!

I've tried compiling the zaptel drivers but it seems to barf at
something to do with having a link /usr/src/linux-2.6

I've even downloaded the kernel source and have created a softlink to them.

I'd appreciate any pointers to an idiot's guide to getting started with *

Thanks

Nigel