[Asterisk-Users] viewing fax tiffs?

Darren Nickerson darren.nickerson at ifax.com
Mon Sep 27 06:58:11 MST 2004

"Matthew Asham" <matthewa at bcwireless.net>:

> Hello,
>
> I have spandsp setup to accept incoming faxes and receiving tif files
> via Email.
>
> Using tiff2pdf, or tiff2ps -a2 or even tiffsplit, the last page of the
> fax is cut off and the quality of the text looks "squished".
>
> I "figure" it's a tiff parsing thing, as opposed to a problem with my
> spandsp installation (heh).

It's more likely to be a corrupt tiff image due to an incomplete (or
partially incomplete) fax reception. This is a 'normal' condition, depending
upon your fax software (some will discard corrupt pages).

> Has anyone experienced the same thing, or can anyone recommend a
> "proper" way to convert fax'd tiffs to another format or even a
> multi-page tiff viewer for Linux?

You can convert the TIFFs to another format using ghostscript or
Imagemagick's 'convert', but the underlying problem will still be there. A
good tiff viewer for linux is QFaxReader  -
http://qfaxreader.sourceforge.net/

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson