[Asterisk-Users] Billing Fun - anybody know where to get a NPA/NXX db?

Thomas Hutton pres at nicheware.com
Thu Sep 23 14:15:01 MST 2004

Hello;

I've been playing with a nifty Open Source java based report writer
called Datavision (datavision.sourceforge.net) and I've managed to write
enough logic to calculate phone bills at different rates from the MySQL
cdr's. (cdr_addon_mysql)  Eventually I want to have sets of rate
structures for each user of the system - so I can bill client A at 3
cents a minute and client B at 2 cents, etc...

Anyway, my question is: where can I get a copy of the NPA/NXX db without
paying an arm and a leg for it?  The NPA's are a free zipped up .mdb
(gag) file on this page: http://www.nanpa.com/area_codes/index.html

I also came across a 1999 version of the whole shebang in a text file
here: http://sd.wareonearth.com/~phil/npanxx/

It would be nice to be able to accurately lookup city and state for
billing.  Anybody have a resource?

Thanks,

Thomas Hutton