[Asterisk-Users] What about a higher level configuration language

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Sun Sep 26 14:21:35 MST 2004

I like my first suggestion the best... And that is of course fully
subjective:

[context]
exten => _1xxx
:DigitTimeOut(10)
:ResponseTimeOut(20)
BackHere:Answer
:Read(callto,pls-entr-num-uwish2-call,10)
:Read(callfrom,enter-phone-number10,10)
:SetCIDNum(${callfrom})
:Dial(IAX2/${IAXFREE}/1${callto},40):Failed
:Hangup
Failed:Play(try-again)
Goto(BackHere)

[<label>]:<command>[:<label1,..>] as the basic syntax

If the command has the conditional branch, then supply the +101, +201,
etc, labels.  In the example above, when the dial-command fails, the
supplied priority is "Failed", which will point to the priority marked
"Failed" -- the preprocessor would of course need to make sure that
"Play{try-again}" lands on a priority that +101 from the Dial command.
This seems fairly trivial -- if I find some time this week, I'll hack it
out in PHP or PERL.