[Asterisk-Users] What about a higher level configuration language

Marc Storck mstorck at luxadmin.org
Sun Sep 26 13:58:07 MST 2004

Why VMxyz, does every line end up at the VM when it's busy or
unavailable or unregistered.... btw we could then also add a rule for
the case the user agent has registered with * (bristuff addon n+201)

Best Regards,

Marc

Asterisk wrote:

> I pray for an end to the priorities as well. The +101 could be easily
> solved by a default label, or an option to the dial
>
> for example:
>
> exten => _7XX,1,Dial(yada,10)
> exten => _7XX,2,Voicemail(unavail)
> exten => _7XX,3,Hangup
> exten => _7XX,102,Voicemail(Busy)
>
> could be:
>
> exten => Dial:_7XX,Dial(yada,10)
> exten => Hangup:_7XX,Hangup
> exten => VMUnavail:_7XX,Voicemail(unavail)
> exten => VMBusy_7XX,Voicemail(Busy)
>
> in other words, the dial automatically looks for VMUnavail if not
> answered, or VMBusy if the line is busy
>
> or
>
> exten =>
> StartPlan:Dial:_7XX,Dial(yada,10,BeforeAnswer=AA,AfterAnswer=ZZ,Busy=XX,NoAnswer=YY)
>
> exten => ZZ:_7XX,Hangup
> exten => XX:_7XX,Voicemail(unavail)
> exten => YY:_7XX,Voicemail(Busy)
>
> There must be fat better ways of expressing my thoughts, but it's late
> on Sunday :)
>
> Julian
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Capouch" <brianc at palaver.net>
> <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
> Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2004 8:41 PM
> Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] What about a higher level configuration
> language
>

>> Dinesh Nair wrote:

>>> or perhaps allow non-consecutive priorities.
>>>

>> After this topic was discussed a bit at the developer's confab, I got
>> to thinking about what a great feature that would be.
>>
>> Renumbering priorities is a sadly common task for me in my somewhat
>> chaotic config environment, and having a way to "sneak in" actions in
>> between existing ones would be a major win.
>>
>> Of course, the problem of the hard-coded "priority + 101" situation is
>> problematical.  I say we think through what the perfect world would
>> look like in this respect and then see how hard it would be to
>> implement. . .
>>
>> B.

CTO                            Marc Storck
MS Networks SA                 mstorck at luxadmin.org
Internet Service Provider      http://www.luxadmin.org
15, route d'Esch               Phone: +352 2727 3030
L-4544 Belvaux                 Fax:   +352 2727 3060