[Asterisk-Users] What about a higher level configuration language

Asterisk asterisk at dotr.com
Sun Sep 26 13:43:10 MST 2004

I pray for an end to the priorities as well. The +101 could be easily solved
by a default label, or an option to the dial

for example:

exten => _7XX,1,Dial(yada,10)
exten => _7XX,2,Voicemail(unavail)
exten => _7XX,3,Hangup
exten => _7XX,102,Voicemail(Busy)

could be:

exten => Dial:_7XX,Dial(yada,10)
exten => Hangup:_7XX,Hangup
exten => VMUnavail:_7XX,Voicemail(unavail)
exten => VMBusy_7XX,Voicemail(Busy)

in other words, the dial automatically looks for VMUnavail if not answered,
or VMBusy if the line is busy

or

exten =>
StartPlan:Dial:_7XX,Dial(yada,10,BeforeAnswer=AA,AfterAnswer=ZZ,Busy=XX,NoAnswer=YY)
exten => ZZ:_7XX,Hangup
exten => XX:_7XX,Voicemail(unavail)
exten => YY:_7XX,Voicemail(Busy)

There must be fat better ways of expressing my thoughts, but it's late on
Sunday :)

Julian