[Asterisk-Users] Reproducible problem with X100P... any suggestions?!

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 17:18:33 MST 2004

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 13:30:11 -0700, Jeremy Lingmann <jeremy at slappy.org> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've been playing around with Asterisk for awhile now, and keep having
> this intermittent problem with my X100P...  Here is my setup:
>
> Linux Kernel 2.4.26
> Wildcard TDM400P (One FXS port)
> Wildcard X100P (One FXO port)
> Running the 1.0 release of Asterisk and the Zaptel drivers
>
> It seems like whenever I run the server for a few hours with regular
> usage... my FXO port will get hung up on some random call.  For example,
> here is a call that has been stuck for about 20 hours:

X100P's are "MoBo-sensitive"... What hardware do you have? It is
common for X100P to show strange behaviours on via based
motherboards... I had a lot of trouble with athlon systems, then
changed to an Intel-based MoBo... Works like a charm now.

PS: I'm not in any way saying that Intel is better... In fact, I
prefer AMD (mostly for cost/benefit reasons), but the X100P didn't
like my AMD machines...

Marconi.