[Asterisk-Users] Non-PRI T1 configuration

lll at advancedcommunications.us lll at advancedcommunications.us
Sat Sep 25 11:01:17 MST 2004

  I'm trying to hook up a non-PRI fractional T1 using a T400P port. The
Telco says that it is provisioned as AMI with SF (not ESF) and that they are
 signalling by "sending down a straight DS1" (I'm not sure what exactly that
means).  They are also sending DNIS over these channels. I currently run it
through a channel bank for my IVR application and it works fine but I am now
trying to convert to *.

  This leaves me with three questions. First, * does not have an option for
SF framing. If I use ESF, should that work or is there another way?

  Second, how do I configure the channel signalling in both zaptel.conf and
zapata.conf?

  Third, how can I capture the DNIS in this situation or will it
automatically be available in the ${EXTEN} variable and also passed to AGI
scripts?

  I would appreciate any help.