[Asterisk-Users] Cisco PIX and Asterisk

John Williams jbiddlew at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 10:02:48 MST 2004

Are any packets at all from the incoming call setup getting though the PIX?

In general, static NAT (plus access list), is required to enable an endpont with a global IP address to establish a connection to an endpoint behind the PIX with a private IP address.

Are you using static NAT and what version of PIX OS are you running?

John

Chad Brown <chad.brown at identitymine.com> wrote:
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
I have a customer that wants to try the exact same thing next month. Unfortunately I don’t have any advice for you at this time. However, if the PIX doesn’t end up working for you I can tell you that I’ve had excellent success with the INGATE product line. (Both Firewall and Firewall Traversal products)

Chad