[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.0 & Zaptel 1.0 -- False Hangup Disaster

Sat Sep 25 08:28:04 MST 2004

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 08:45:56 -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith
<akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com> wrote:
> Disable callprogress and/or busydetect.

I wouldn't have posted without having tried that beforehand.

The problem persists with both busydetect and callprogress disabled.

> Where are you located?

In Japan. Lines are provided by NTT. The driver (wcfxo.o) has been
built with "#define JAPAN" uncommented. Before the present 1.0
release, this has usually reduced false hangups.

> Is your phone company perhaps giving you call
> completion supervision?

No.

> I disagree wholeheartedly; call startup and termination must both be reliable.
> Having 5 minutes of busy tones on VM is not acceptable.

Fair enough. But then again, why not have an option that disables
hangup detection until a call actually goes to voicemail and leave it
disabled if it doesn't?!

Anyway, so far false hangups with Zaptel on Japanese phone lines have
been mostly a sporadic problem, but with this release Asterisk hangs
up *every time*. As I have said in my earlier post, the same hardware
did not have this problem with CVS from about a month ago (August, 19
or 20).

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.