[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.0 & Zaptel 1.0 -- False Hangup Disaster

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sat Sep 25 05:45:56 MST 2004

On Saturday 25 September 2004 08:03, Benjamin on Asterisk Mailing Lists wrote:
> Asterisk hangs up on every outgoing PSTN call (via Zaptel) as soon as
> the call is being picked up at the other end.

Disable callprogress and/or busydetect.

> I have tried various X100P (original Digium) cards, various phone
> lines and just about every possible combination of parameters in
> zaptel.conf (from every feature off to most features on) but without
> any success.

Where are you located?  Is your phone company perhaps giving you call
completion supervision?  Your post is quite short on details.

> The problem of false hangups really needs to be fixed. A false hangup
> is NEVER EVER acceptable in an office environment. On the other hand,
> a call that doesn't hangup even if the remote party has already hung
> up is ALWAYS acceptable. Therefore, if the software is not capable of

I disagree wholeheartedly; call startup and termination must both be reliable.
Having 5 minutes of busy tones on VM is not acceptable.

So let's get to the root of your problem.

> user decide instead. There should be a setting "hangup=local-only"
> that would have the effect that no channel will ever be hung up unless
> the (non-Zap) local party has hungup.

You must be new here.

> As things stand now, we won't be able to deploy this 1.0 release if
> Zaptel is required. What a pity.

With that attitude, we won't even miss you.

-A.