[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.0 & Zaptel 1.0 -- False Hangup Disaster

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sat Sep 25 09:41:03 MST 2004

On Saturday 25 September 2004 11:28, Benjamin on Asterisk Mailing Lists wrote:
> > Disable callprogress and/or busydetect.
> I wouldn't have posted without having tried that beforehand.

Fair enough, I saw that you'd written "tried every option" but a lot of people
don't actually mean that.  :-)

> > Where are you located?
> In Japan. Lines are provided by NTT. The driver (wcfxo.o) has been
> built with "#define JAPAN" uncommented. Before the present 1.0
> release, this has usually reduced false hangups.

Hmm okay so it is a known bug then; have you done any hunting around on the
bugtracker or bothered a bug marshall?  That would be my next step, and
possibly where I'd expect to sit and hang for a while unless you could get
the attention of someone with the skills to really dig in and fix it.

> Fair enough. But then again, why not have an option that disables
> hangup detection until a call actually goes to voicemail and leave it
> disabled if it doesn't?!

Becuase it's a workaround and doesn't actually address the problem?  In your
case it might be a valid solution though; I wonder how hard it'd be to
actually hack in?

-A.