[Asterisk-Users] Transfering incoming calls using same line

Jon Miron nxe at rogers.com
Wed Sep 22 21:18:53 MST 2004

 --- Shaun Ewing <sewing at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:20:58 -0400 (EDT), Jon Miron
> <nxe at rogers.com> wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Wondering if this is possible..  Incoming call is
> > answered through X100P, then an extension is
> dialed
> > using the same X100P card.  Basically I want to
> dial
> > in, enter 9 + <phone#> and have it do a flash then
> > have it dial *08 <the same phone number> + # on
> the
> > same PSTN line to have it transfer my call to
> another
> > phone number.  I realize this isn't very safe, but
> > would like to be able to make long distance calls
> > any number while I'm out with my cell phone so I
> want
> > to take advantage of my free LD package on my PSTN
> > line.  Thanks in advance!
>
> Three applications that would allow you to achieve
> something like that
> - disa, flash and senddtmf.
>
> This is untested, but some logic like the following
> might help:
>
> Use something like the following in your IVR.
>
> exten => 10,1,DISA,1234|calltransfer
>
> Then, add the context and code like:
>
> [calltransfer]
>
> exten => _X.,1,Flash
> exten => _X.,2,Wait,1
> exten => _X.,3,SendDTMF(*08${EXTEN}#)
> exten => _X.,4,Hangup
>
> I'm not sure off hand how you could terminate a
> number with #, but
> DISA will proceed after 10 seconds anyway.
>
> I'd be curious to see if it works - so let us know.

Actually the # key tells my service provider that I'm
finished with the call and want it to be handed off.
For example I'm talking to person #1 and they want to
talk to person #2, so I flash over, do *08 + person
#2's number, and once they pick up I'd be like "Person
#1 wants to speak to you, hold on" and press # then
hang up and the two are connected and my line goes
silent.

Thanks for the dialplan.  I'll let you know how it
works when I get my X100P installed early next week.