[Asterisk-Users] Transfering incoming calls using same line

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 17:24:10 MST 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:20:58 -0400 (EDT), Jon Miron <nxe at rogers.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Wondering if this is possible..  Incoming call is
> answered through X100P, then an extension is dialed
> using the same X100P card.  Basically I want to dial
> in, enter 9 + <phone#> and have it do a flash then
> have it dial *08 <the same phone number> + # on the
> same PSTN line to have it transfer my call to another
> phone number.  I realize this isn't very safe, but I
> would like to be able to make long distance calls to
> any number while I'm out with my cell phone so I want
> to take advantage of my free LD package on my PSTN
> line.  Thanks in advance!

Three applications that would allow you to achieve something like that
- disa, flash and senddtmf.

This is untested, but some logic like the following might help:

Use something like the following in your IVR.

exten => 10,1,DISA,1234|calltransfer

Then, add the context and code like:

[calltransfer]

exten => _X.,1,Flash
exten => _X.,2,Wait,1
exten => _X.,3,SendDTMF(*08${EXTEN}#)
exten => _X.,4,Hangup

I'm not sure off hand how you could terminate a number with #, but
DISA will proceed after 10 seconds anyway.

I'd be curious to see if it works - so let us know.

-Shaun