[Asterisk-Users] Using queue app with externalmembers/destinations

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Mon Sep 20 12:46:49 MST 2004

> You can do this in a couple of ways, using the Manager interface
> and the "Connect" command. Alternatively, you can create a call
> file in Asterisk's call spool (usually /var/spool/asterisk or
> whatever) which has the same makeup as the Connect command.
We won't be originating any calls out (apart from the queued calls).

The scenario is that we have a number of incoming calls, and some of those
are selected to then queue, to be dealt with by people at a remote location.
The number of calls queueing is greater than the number of PSTN lines
available at the remote site.

I *think* it'll work as I described, having a "member =>
SIP/12345678 at pstn.gateway.com" entry in queues.conf? When all lines are
busy, the next-in-queue caller will keep retrying and getting a busy result
back? Then once a line becomes available the call will go through?

Paul