[Asterisk-Users] Timing source on SMP system - Disable RTC forzaprtc

Chad Brown chad.brown at identitymine.com
Sun Sep 19 14:48:59 MST 2004

Kristian,

I have 2 X100P cards but neither work on my Compaq DL360 G2. The system
will not even boot! Take a look at my initial post and let me know if
you have any other advice. Regardless, thanks for your post!

-

I need a timing device for the DL360G2 for conferencing and meetme.
For a timing device I have 2 X100P cards but neither will work in my
DL360G2. The system will not even boot with either card in the system.
Other PCI cards seems to work fine. I called Digium support and was
told that there must be a conflict between the card and my Compaq
DL360G2.

I then moved on to ztdummy. I'm sure the DL360 G2 has a OHBI rather
than UHBI controller. That said, I got this message during modprobe
ztdummy:

[root at impbx01 zaptel]# modprobe ztdummy

/lib/modules/2.4.20-6smp/kernel/drivers/usb/usb-uhci.o: init_module:
No such device

Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.

You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg

/lib/modules/2.4.20-6smp/kernel/drivers/usb/usb-uhci.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.20-6smp/kernel/drivers/usb/usb-uhci.o failed

/lib/modules/2.4.20-6smp/kernel/drivers/usb/usb-uhci.o: insmod ztdummy
failed

I then moved on to zaprtc. However, I was told that this solution will
not work with SMP systems. My DL360G2 is a dual proc machine.

I'm running out of options here...please advise.

Thanks,