[Asterisk-Users] Using queue app with external members/destinations

Kenneth Shaw ken at expitrans.com
Sun Sep 19 14:53:09 MST 2004

What you want to do is connect the remote phone number to an internal
extension.

You can do this in a couple of ways, using the Manager interface and the
"Connect" command. Alternatively, you can create a call file in
Asterisk's call spool (usually /var/spool/asterisk or whatever) which
has the same makeup as the Connect command.

All you do then is specify in your extensions something like the
following:

[outboundqueue]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Wait(1)
exten => s,3,Queue(...)

All other queue stuff should work from there.
-Ken Shaw...