[Asterisk-Users] Effectively using a telco Type 102 Milliwatt Test line with ztmon itor -v to set txgain/rxgain in zapata?

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Sun Sep 19 21:59:56 MST 2004

I am trying to obtain optimum gain settings for a bank of analog lines
connected to a channel bank. My telco has provided a 'Type 102' test line to
use for incoming level calibration. This is functionally equivalent to app
Milliwatt(), but provides tone from the CO inwards.

Question is, how should one use this a 0dbm test source with ztmonitor? Am I
correct in understanding that a 0dbm level should provide a 100% drive in
the level monitor, not a 50% drive as is otherwise 'optimum' for regular
voice traffic?

Kris Boutilier
Information Systems Coordinator
Sunshine Coast Regional District