[Asterisk-Users] new ATA box for sale by Linksys

Matthew Simpson matthew at txlink.net
Sun Sep 19 20:45:28 MST 2004

> From your experience, could you give us the merits and demerits of
> these ATA devices as well as the IAXy.

They are essentially a Sipura SPA-2000.  One of my customers uses the Sipura
exclusively for his customers and they work very well.  Setup is easy, and
they support the CLASS type features superbly.

Thanks to everyone who cleared up the PAP2 versus PAP2-NA.  I am not sure if
the one bought at Fry's is the NA version or not.  I didn't buy it, my
customer did.  If it's the Vonage-locked version I'm sure he'll return it.
I do know that the only version Frys had on the shelf had a Vonage sticker
pasted on it, but the side of the box seems to indicate that it will work
with "any SIP phone service provider".

Matthew N. Simpson
TxLink Communications
SIP/IAX VoIP Origination and Termination Minutes as low as 0.005/minute
www.txlink.net/