[Asterisk-Users] Using queue app with external members/destinations

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Sun Sep 19 14:42:54 MST 2004

Hi guys

I've got a need to do some call queueing, with the slightly unusual caveat
that the destination for the calls is not a phone or group of phones
connected to my local asterisk box, but an "external" PSTN number.

Can I setup a queue in asterisk and make the queue "member" an external
address like SIP/5551234 at my.pstn.gateway?

There will be a smaller number of PSTN lines available at the far end
destination than there are inbound calls queueing, so after X number of
calls, attempts to call that "agent" will receive a busy response back until
a call in progress is finished and a line becomes available to take the next
queued call (does that make sense?)

It sounds simple enough, and doable too, I just wanted to check if anyone
else had experience and/or thoughts on this kind of setup?

Thanks in advance
Paul